Desktop icon for VSQL
or: How to pimp your squadleader shortcut
Yes! You installed VSQL! And it works! Of course you created a desktop shortcut to it: what other way to start one of your most used programs? But… the desktop icon looks dull. Indistinguishable from all the other desktop shortcuts.
Would you like to pimp your VSQL-shortcut?
Would you want it to look like THIS?
(assuming you use Windows) Follow this procedure:
choose one of the shortcut images here
Bill Sosnicki mailed me the following icons, so we all have more to choose from. Thanks, Bill!
(Now I have to replace my icon every week:-)
- rightclick and select 'save picture as...'
- go to your VSQL folder and save the image as a ~.ico file, NOT ~.bmp!! (So change name to SLicon.ico or something)
- go to your desktop and rightclick on your shortcut to VSQL.bat (You had that already, didn’t you?)
- on the pop-up, select ‘properties’
- a new pop-up appears: “properties for VSQL’. On the ‘shortcut’-tab, there are 3 buttons. One says something like “Other icon” or something like that (I use the Dutch version). Click that button.
- on the appearing pop-up screen you can browse to your VSQL-folder and select the newly pasted image. Click OK untill done.
Last update of this page: Thursday, 01-Mar-2012 14:21:19 CET